Sunday, August 7, 2011

Wayne Warrington's old car

When we lived in Longview Wayne had an old car he drove to work. I came home for lunch one day and he told me his car was up the street and I needed to take him where it was and push it home with the family car. I didn't know then and I don't know now anything about pushing cars.
It wasn't a smooth ride so I could tell I probably wasn't doing it right. He would get ahead of me a litte bit and then I would kind of hit the rear of his car. I saw him doing hand motions but I didn't know what he wanted me to do. I pushed him around a corner and I broke out his right tail light I knew he didn't like that. We went a little bit further and he made another turn and I broke out the other tail light. By this time he wasn't doing any hand motions. It looked like he was just resigned to his fate. There we went along and it was push, bump and I could see his head go forward and then pop back. Push, bump, head goes forward and then back. It was like that the rest of the way home. He didn't say anything to me about it when we got home. In fact, he didn't say anything to me at all.

3 comments:

  1. Sissy, this is so funny..
    There have been a few times that we have had things happen that have left Leland speechless and I was glad he didn't say anything...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should ask mother how horrified I was when I had to tow Darvin down I-20 to Cedar Hill. He had a chain linked to the truck I was driving to the one we were pulling, I think it was like whip lash all the way! When I got to mom's I just lay on the sofa crying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless your heart, Anne...I don't know how you did that!! I have had to pull stuff around here but NEVER anything like that.

    ReplyDelete